Trivia is Trivia

Moderator: Sonja

Groucho

Trivia is Trivia

Post by Groucho »

First of all Kylejillm,welcome to Trivia Ink. With regards to the type of questions posted,what would count as trivia,would to most people be something obscure and not commonly known.At the same time,a fact that is well known can still count as trivia. Anyway,it does not matter if the answer to the question posed,can be sought out quickly. Each time we answer a question we learn something. There will be some questions that one might know straight away,because the question posted is more of a general knowledge type.Every contribution made to the site should be appreciated. Finally,the appropriate place for raising the issue should be this forum.
kylejillm

Re: Trivia is Trivia

Post by kylejillm »

I appreciate your thoughtful and kind remarks. I assume your post is in response to my question regarding Gandydancer2. I agree with you 100% regarding what you said. That being said calling other players lazy in a question simply because he finds others questions not original or too easily found itself is NOT a trivia question but an attack on who he believes are not worthy players. My opinion only but that is how I took his question and why I spent so much time trying to figure out his answer.
kylejillm

Post by kylejillm »

I did, however, change my question about Gandy to a real trivia question for the sake of all players.
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

Hello Kylejillm. Yes my post was in response to the question you posed.It was to point out that all questions are welcome on this site,as long as they inform. I also pointed out that the issue of whether a question is capable of being googled easily or not is immaterial. Of course it is more fun if the answer is harder to locate.Another thing that should be borne in mind,is that this is a place to have fun. It should not become a hostile environment. Yes Gandydancer,your questions are well put and challenging,but there is no need to crow about it and put others down. A former member from a bygone era,posted the most challenging questions on this site and not once did he feel the need to try and belittle others.