Jackie Robinson of basketball

Moderator: Sonja

Spec

Jackie Robinson of basketball

Post by Spec »

Paucle, I believe the first half of the word in your answer does not apply to Almost Famous.
Phil F

Re: Jackie Robinson of basketball

Post by Phil F »

Spec:

I thought the word made perfect sense but there may be some dispute over who is the jackie Robinson of basketball.

Phil
Phil
Staley

Post by Staley »

I guessed it pretty easily (but I think I was helped by the fact that I haven't seen Almost Famous). The answer applies to a different movie--it was a made-for by VH1 based on another group.
Paucle

Post by Paucle »

Well, this sucks. I was reading about the basketball player and when I did I saw the word and thought, "Hey, isn't that...?" So, I googled the word and "almost famous" and there it was, the very first hit. So I thought, well there ya go! I didn't look into it closely enough to find out that the hit was a viewer comment on the movie who got it wrong too, mis-remembering the same syllable to which Spec alludes.

I know we like to try and keep the QandA as accurate as poosible in the archive, so I'm going to edit it so the answer I have down is wholly accurate instead of partially. Sorry if it made you pound. :(
Paul