Time travel experimentations

Moderator: Sonja

Staley

Time travel experimentations

Post by Staley »

Please spell-check word 2-I've tried everything I can think of.
Justme

Re: Time travel experimentations

Post by Justme »

There's no spelling mistake
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

Thank you for answering for me...I'm late getting online tonight.
There isn't a spelling mistake.
Paucle

Post by Paucle »

After this question rolled, I looked it up to see what the answer was, and only JustMe had gotten it right.
Then later I forgot the answer and had to check again, to see what the confusion on the word might've been- and now Staley was listed too!
So I came here to post about the oddity. I decided to make sure I'd seen what I saw, and went back to confirm there were now 2 names... and now Sonja's listed also!

Holy crap! So, do you both live near Montauk Park?
Paul
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

Paucle wrote:So I came here to post about the oddity.
Similiar things have happened to me while answering. I'll have three of five words then suddenly the second word I had is no longer part of the answer. I hit backspace and there it is and when I call up TI and try answering again, that second word is gone. This has happened to me more than a couple of times.
I have also noticed many times while entering my question, TI will boot me.
Staley

Post by Staley »

I got the answer right after JustMe posted the answer to my original question. The post said there was no spelling mistake, so I went back to try some more and got it after a few more tries. I haven't seen anything naming a geographical entity called simply "Montauk Park" (there's a Montauk State park, a Montauk downs, etc, but I got it by sticking potential words after Montauk). As for the other stuff, I don't know why it wouldn't show me.
Paucle

Post by Paucle »

Yeah- I've often been told my humor can be so dry you need a camel to cross my jokes.
Paul
Sonja

Post by Sonja »

I'm still trying to figure why Montauk Park is the answer when every reference I found to it is preceded by the indefinite article.

After all the pounding I did, finally just grabbing at straws and hit the jackpot purely by chance. When I checked after it rolled, since I was curious to see if Staley had indeed gotten it, all three names were there.