Verbified Surnames

Moderator: Sonja

Paucle

Verbified Surnames

Post by Paucle »

-New Question Type-
describing a person whose last name is a verb form. Generally an infinitive, but it could start out as past tense already, too.

I'll add a suffix of either ED or S, but never more than that, nor will I change the spelling of the surname. So someone with the last name of Fry won't work either way, since the present is fries and past is fried.
The clue will always lead to a grammatically correct phrase, properly spelled, but again, nothing will be added to the surname other than perhaps S, or ED, or nothing.

Examples (all names made up so as not to eliminate material). Assume these are all Expos who hit five homes runs in a game:
CF Joe Shout
P Bill Scream
SS Rob Bat

Verbified Surname: Expo centerfielder loudly exulted after hitting five home runs?
Joe Shouted

Verbified Surname: Expo pitcher loudly exulted after hitting five home runs?
Bill Screamed

Verbified Surname: Expo shortstop steps to the plate to hit his 5th home run?
Rob Bats

Note that I changed the tense on the last question because the past tense would've required a suffix of TED instead of merely ED. No extra Ts allowed! :)

Hope that makes sense. They're far easier to answer than they are to explain. Mostly I am trying to make it clear in case anyone else wants to try a couple. I know Staley can rarely resist!
Already one in the hopper, and a few on paper ready to go in.
Paul
quimboat

Re: Verbified Surnames (and Charlene's attempt)

Post by quimboat »

Charlene,

You REALLY need to match the tense in the answer with the one in the question if you want people to have a reasonable shot at getting it.

Thanks,

kolybear
Paucle

Re: Verbified Surnames

Post by Paucle »

I didn't notice, I thought she had. Sorry.
Still and all, once the DICK matched at word one, what else could it be?
Paul
Staley

Post by Staley »

Paul, you know there are lots of DICKS in this world. :D
quimboat

Post by quimboat »

@paucle - Well, I tried "Wolf", "Wolfs", "Wolves" and "Wolvs" and then gave up. It just didn't occur to me that the answer might be in past tense form when the question was in present tense. Certainly not the worst misfire of late--many of our TI brethren would probably attribute that to me and my Liza Minnelli Q--but just wanted to get it in the forefront of Charlene's thinking should she try another of the same type of Q.